Belmont State School's vision is to have a school community that utilises a technologically enhanced environment where students are equipped to be confident, connected life-long learners.
The BSS BYOD iPad Program:
- Enhances student accessibility to technology to promote the skills and confidence in technology necessary for the 21st century workforce.
- Enriches the curriculum by providing additional ways for students to create, develop, extend and share their understanding.
- Follows the Digital Literacy General Capability within the curriculum where students are required to practice digital safety and wellbeing, communicate and collaborate, investigate, create and manage and operate technology.
- Allows continuous and more frequent access to learning materials for more efficient learning that can happen anywhere and anytime
- Strengthens the relationship between home and school by providing parents an opportunity to access their child’s learning, promoting more relevant, timely and quality conversations around what students are learning in class
The BSS Digital Learning and Planning Matrix identifies where the school sits in relation to the five domains of digital learning practice, and practical steps we can take to advance digital learning. The shading of outcomes across the matrix (Emerging; Evolving; Embedding; Excelling) tracks our journey and progress in achieving our vision.
Digital Learning Planning Matri
For more information regarding the BYOD program at Belmont State School, our information pack can be downloaded below:
2023 Device Purchasing Information
Belmont State School has partnered with both JB HiFi and The School Locker to provide an easy and convienient pathway for parents to purchase a BYOD device with education pricing. Use of these ordering portals is not compulsory and parents are free to choose another supplier of their choice as long as the device meets the minimum specifications.
School Code: BELMONTSS2023