Expression of interest for enrolments into Prep will be accepted from the first day of Term 2 in the year proceeding Prep.
The Register for Prep 2023 button will go live on our school website at 8am on 19 April 2022. The form will show as closed until that time.
To enrol at Belmont State School all students must have:
• A birth certificate or registration of birth or passport.
• Evidence of any medical conditions of which the school needs to be aware.
• Any official documentation relating to custody or family issues of which the school needs to be aware.
• Details of any specialist care given, e.g. speech therapy.
• Proof of residency/citizenship status and visa (if from overseas).
Parent Introductory Information Sessions for Prep enrolments for 2023 will be held on:
- Monday 28 March at 9am (including school tour)
- Tuesday 29 March at 6pm
Please note, these are identical sessions and will be held in our Multi-Purpose Centre.
Prep orientation is held late in Term 4 where students have the opportunity to experience what it will be like in a prep classroom.
Prep is the first year of school and provides the foundation for your child's education
. It is compulsory for Queensland children to undertake Prep prior to Year 1. Prep is a full-time program in primary schools and has a defined curriculum. Children attend Monday to Friday, from 8:45am to 3pm.
Children must be 5 by 30 June in the year they enrol.
Use the online calculator
to see when your child can start Prep. Simply select your child's month and year of birth.